Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
The Sector Manager (SM) is the person in a sector team who drives the commercial success (within that sector) of a solution associated with products across the ZEISS Microscopy portfolio.
The SM is required to propose solutions in terms of the customer’s problems and customer’s language, and think in terms of the business model, market growth, and profitability. Principal Elements:
- Understand and describe the customer´s job-to-be-done
- Develop and own relation/collaboration with key customers and opinion leaders
- Perform market/sector analyses
- Contribute to strategy and roadmap planning (products, solutions and applications)
- Own generation of Market requirement documents (MRDs)
- Contribute to R&D projects (Gates 5 – 8)
- Own solution positioning and go-to-market
- Monitor performance of solution portfolio and derive / drive implementation of corrective actions
- Implement sales market focus groups & customer focus groups / advisory boards
- Drive content generation for internal training, sales materials, and marketing campaigns
- Degree or equivalent in Physics or similar, Marketing - CIM or similar (preferred, not essential)
- Several years of experience in an industry / academic role related to materials science application areas such as nano materials, electronics.
- Marketing experience would also be a distinct advantage
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of different cultures
- Able to travel globally
- Understanding of strategic marketing
- Knowledge of applications in materials science relating to microscopy products
- Understanding of Microscopy products is preferred especially relating to electron microscopy products such as Focused Ion Beams and Scanning Electron Microscopes.
- Business English required
Wir bieten For 170 years, ZEISS has embodied a pioneering spirit and a pragmatic approach. ZEISS offers its employees a modern working environment, above-average benefits and a host of opportunities for further development.