At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Research Scientist Machine Learning Methods for Quantum Chemistry (m/f/d)
- To increase the efficiency of our R&D functions, you develop application driven machine learning models for molecular property prediction
- You work on the interface of quantum chemistry and machine learning and develop models that bridge both worlds
- You design, compose and deliver presentations and publications
- You collaborate and interact with an international, interdisciplinary cross-divisional team comprising of theoretical chemists, mathematicians, machine learning experts, and experimental chemists
- PhD in natural science or computer science with strong background in machine learning/data driven modeling
- Profound knowledge in computational chemistry (preferred quantum chemistry)
- You have extensive experience in developing and applying machine learning approaches in the context of chemistry (e.g. molecular spectra, 3D descriptors, modeling of wavefunctions)
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art machine learning methods, model selection and deep learning concepts and have a strong willingness to further develop expertise in these areas (preferred knowledge in Pytorch and/or Tensorflow)
- Profound knowledge of Python
- You are able to handle the necessary data engineering tasks, especially in the context of chemistry
- Willingness and curiosity to learn experimental set-ups, novel mathematical approaches, as well as to dig into Pharma- and Crop Science-R&D
- You are able to work in interdisciplinary teams with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of English communication skills in verbal and written form
Funding of this position is made available through the Bayer Life Science Collaboration program. The goal of this program is to promote state-of-the-art research within Bayer´s R&D organization especially focusing on cross-divisional exchange and impact.
The position is limited for 2 years.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.”